Laptop/Netbook Computers - Laptops @ Home Program
There are Chromebooks/Laptops that can be borrowed from the City of Commerce Public Library's ROSEWOOD LIBRARY. At this time they are not available at the branch libraries. The computers will be available for library patrons to checkout for 7-day checkouts to use in the library, at a coffee shop or at home.
Who can borrow a Laptop?
- Patrons over 18 may borrow the laptops.
- Patrons must have a valid City of Commerce Public Library card and be in good standing (under the $10 maximum fine threshold) and a picture ID.
- Patrons must have signed the Laptop Borrower Agreement form signed and on file in order to checkout a laptop.
- Laptop are loaned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- One laptop per person.
How can long can you checkout a Laptop?
Laptops can be checked out for 7 days. If you check it out on a Tuesday it will be due the following Tuesday by closing time.
When can I checkout a laptop?
Laptops may be checked out during all posted Rosewood library hours, however they must be returned to the front desk before closing. Do not leave the laptops in the bookdrop or you may incur fines or late fees.
Where can I use a laptop?
Anywhere inside the public library building. Laptops can also be taken home or to a local coffee shop that offers free wireless. Please be careful and vigilant when you take the laptop out to prevent theft or damages. You are solely responsible for the charges.
What do I get when I borrow a laptop?
- Wireless laptop, Carrying case and Power charger
- Headphones, and a mouse and may also available at the circulation desk on a first-come first-serve basis.
What are the fines and fees for late or damaged laptop?
Please do not leave laptops unattended. You are solely responsible for the laptop while it is checked out to you, and you will be accountable for any overdue fines, damage, loss, or theft.
Laptops accrue fines at the rate of $10.00 per day overdue. Laptops are checked out for 7 days so if you need it for longer you can bring it back and check it out again if no one else is waiting. If the laptop is not returned by 10 days overdue you will be charged the full amount of $350.
- You (the borrower) are responsible for the laptop and will be billed for reasonable repair or replacement costs up to $350 if the laptop or components are damaged, lost, or stolen or $10 per minor cosmetic damage and up to $50 dollars per peripheral lost or damaged.
- You are also responsible for any violation of the library Laptop Borrower Agreement, Computer User Agreement and all other applicable library policies
What happens when I borrow a laptop?
- Laptops are checked out from the front desk at the City of Commerce Rosewood Library ONLY. They also must be returned to the Rosewood Library.
- You must present your valid Library card and picture ID each time you check out a laptop. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You have read and accepted the Laptop Borrower Agreement.
- By the end of the loan period you must bring the laptop back to the front desk in person.
- Do not leave the laptop on the circulation desk or in the book drop – wait until a staff member is present. You must wait for the library staff as they fulfill obligations to inventory components and test laptop operation. You will then receive a receipt when the laptop is fully inspected and returned.
- You may not checkout the same laptop until the next day, but you may checkout another laptop at the same library or another library if it is available.